XM2 PURSUIT, a leading global aerial solution provider catering to film, visual effects, television and infrastructure industries, announced today the release of Tango II, its newest aircraft for commercial and industrial use. Superior to its groundbreaking XM2 Tango predecessor, the Tango II is the only drone aircraft of its kind to satisfy all needs for film and industrial applications.
Designed and constructed by XM2 PURSUIT’s expert teams of aerial pilots and engineers, Tango II was created with a strong knowledge of film and industrial applications. The result is a powerful and safe platform capable of lifting a wide variety of payloads – including cinematography cameras, VFX and industrial sensors, as well as lighting rigs.
The new Tango II offers a number of unique features built for the serious drone operator, including:
- Co-pilot flight and maintenance assistant with HELIX flight controller
- High-Definition FPV camera with controllable tilt
- Fully autonomous control without No Fly Zone restrictions
- Designed for operation from moving platforms
- Dual camera mount capabilities that allow for both over and underslung content capture
- 40 km/25 mi control range
- A revolutionary new dampener that produces unmatched stability for silky smooth footage even when utilizing long lenses
- Retractable and tool-free quick release landing gear complete with a custom control board for improved performance across a wider range of temperatures
- Custom carry case for optimal portability, meeting the weight and size restrictions to enable travel on any passenger airline
“Our new Tango II aircraft doubles down on performance, allowing pilots to enjoy integrated autonomous flight capabilities with the unmatched benefits of extended flight times and heavy payloads,” said Stephen Oh, leader of XM2 PURSUIT. “When paired with our proprietary XM2 Helix flight controller, Tango II provides freedom and flexibility to experienced drone operators while achieving superb flight characteristics up to a range of 40 kilometers.”
Recent XM2 Tango television and film credits include: “No Time to Die,” “Fast & Furious 9,” “Westworld” and “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.” To learn more about the Tango II aircraft capabilities, availability and pricing, please visit https://xm2store.com/.
About XM2 PURSUIT:
A collaboration between XM2 and Pursuit Aviation, XM2 PURSUIT forms the world’s premiere complete aerial solution provider. Capable of capturing amazing aerial content from almost any airborne platform, XM2 PURSUIT caters to the major motion picture, visual effects, television and aerospace industries.
Combining globally experienced pilots with the latest developments in aerospace and film equipment, XM2 PURSUIT services feature films and TV shows around the globe, deploying teams to the most logistically and environmentally challenging destinations around the world.
The capability to modify and integrate custom platforms is facilitated by a highly specialized team of pilots, camera operators, engineers and technicians to realize any creative vision. This unique personnel structure creates a skilled, precise and efficient aerial unit that meets and exceeds the demands of on-set operations.
From iconic, historic warbirds to unmanned aircraft that fit in the palm of your hand, XM2 PURSUIT brings together the best of the aerospace and film industries, providing innovative, turn-key solutions for productions of any size. For more information and to learn about our groundbreaking technical innovations in aerial cinematography, visit xm2.com and PursuitAviation.com.